Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Beginning

I'm going to start my own business.

This is where i'm going to document everything that happens with this business... for better or for worse... everything is going to be written here.

Where I stand now:

nowhere...

I've made a few cakes and cookie trays for my husband's co-workers...
I love baking and my friends and family tell me that everything I make is delicious (even when it's not - they loved my underbaked, mushy chocolate chip cookies).
I don't know exactly where to start... especially with all the legal stuff. My kitchen is not licensed, and I don't know how to make it so.

For now, I'm going to work on my portfolio. I need more practice making awesome cakes. I've never made a tiered cake. I'm going to make cakes for every occasion I can think of. It's Tuesday! Let's have cake! Unfortunately... that's going to get expensive very quickly... I'm going to need to get a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment